Sunday, June 19, 2016

National History Day and Hope

Greetings, fellow wayfarers!

Last week I had the pleasure of being one of the judges for the National History Day competition.  www.nhd.org.  I was one of the judges in the Senior Group Performance category: this means that these were performance groups of 2-5 students between 9th and 12th grade.  I was able to meet other professionals who cared enough about education and history to donate their time and be part of this great event.

The most humbling part of the day were the kids themselves.  This event happened 2 days after the tragic shooting in Orlando.  At this competition, I met kids who were passionate about social justice, committed to peaceful solutions and focused on comprehensive historical research.  These are some of the people who will be the future leaders of this country and of the world.

From where I sit, the future looks pretty bright.

#fightignorancewitheducation 

No comments:

Post a Comment