Thursday, May 8, 2014

Welcome, Fellow Wayfarers!

Good morning, everyone!  I would like to officially welcome you to my blog.  My name is Katie.  I'm a practicing Anthropologist/Archaeologist with a Graduate Certificate in Museum Studies.  I currently reside in Virginia, United States, right outside of Washington DC.

I've been in love with museums my entire life, which is no surprise since the Smithsonian in is my backyard.  I've participated in several archaeological digs, in Colonial Williamsburg, Montpelier, Romania, and at Vindolanda, Hadrian's Wall in Great Britain.

The world of museums is at a very strategic crossroads right now.  They are not only adapting themselves to a new world of technology, but are simultaneously learning how to stay relevant in this world.  In this blog we'll be looking at some of the changes that are taking place, discussing them, brainstorming potential solutions, etc.

Everyone is invited!  Let's get digging!


No comments:

Post a Comment